After I finished the first front of Hey Teach, I decided that I needed to get in gear on Mathew’s Socks if I wanted to get to a place I could continue to work on them when he’s on ship. I was a little off on my calculation of when he goes back to work, it’s next week and not the first week of May.
I took advantage of having his feet around and worked on the foot of the sock, just before he left my place yesterday he tried on the sock and decided that I needed another half an inch of foot before starting the heel. Last night I worked the remainder of the foot and the heel. This weekend, I’ll be able to get Mathew to make sure they are comfy before I go ahead with the leg. I also need to figure out how long he needs the leg to be.
For my future reference here is the recipe for Mathew’s socks (thus far):
- Provisional cast on of 34 sts.
- Short row toe – wrapping 7 sts on each side.
- Knit foot (68 sts) to 9.5″ (including toe).
- Short roe heel – wrapping 9 sts on each side.
That should give me enough to go on for the second sock, provided nothing changes after this weekend.