As I mentioned previously, the last socks were not quite perfect. So this time I used the same numbers but with a plain stockinette foot and started the ribbing immediately following the heel turn. At his request I also added an extra 1.5″ to the leg, which resulted in having to purchase an additional ball of yarn for two colour repeats. Mathew has been away working and has not had the opportunity to test drive these socks yet, so I’m waiting for his return to see if I’ve found the perfect sock recipe. So far the only notes Mathew has given me, aside from the leg length, are that socks that aren’t green might be a nice change for next time.
My laptop has been dying for awhile. It’s had a good 7 years, but it no longer connects to wifi and the battery life is shorter every time I use it unplugged. It served me well through many classes and projects, but now I rarely use it because it’s cumbersome to carry around and adds an additional bag when I’m going places.
So when I thought about what I needed the laptop for, I realized I only use it for surfing on the web and checking email. So I decided that a nice lightweight iPad would get more use than a new laptop or netbook. Then I realized that I could use an iPad to store my knitting patterns on instead of having pages all over the place and I was sold on the idea.
I tend to be a bit clumsy, so I decided in addition to a screen protector and a Smart Cover, an iPad case was in order. Checking out Ravelry, I found Lindsay Edward’s Granny Square iPad Case. I chose this pattern for two reasons: it has a fleece liner for added protection and I’m in love with all things granny square right now. I used mostly leftover Red Heart Super Saver in purple, white and grey, although I did need to purchase more purple. I made one adjustment to the pattern by adding a handle to allow for easier carrying. I’m loving both the iPad and it’s Granny Square Case.
The Arachne Cardi is finished. It is project number five for the 12 in 2012 challenge. This project took a lot longer than it should have. The finishing seems to hang me up every time. I worked the body fairly quickly, the sleeves a bit slower, and then immediately knit the front bands and collar. Setting and seaming the sleeves took too long to accomplish.
I love this sweater now that it’s finished. It’s lightweight but warm and the sleeves are a little bit long, just how I like them when they’re full length. I see more thinner yarn sweaters in my future.