My resolutions from last year didn’t go very well. I did finish the 12 in 2011 challenge with 13 projects knit with stash, but I did not stick to my original list and stay focused. My goal of only having 3 projects in progress was pretty much a complete failure. Even more of a failure was my plan to knit a hat for charity each month. I did do better at documenting things in Ravelry, all of my finished projects from 2011 have photos and I documented all of my yarn that was in my under worsted weight stash bin. I wasn’t able to meet my unofficial idea of finishing 12 pairs of socks, but I did complete 9 pairs last year, and 5 pairs were for me.
This year I am again doing the continuation of the 12 in 2011 challenge (12 in 2012) but I don’t have a concrete list, my goal is just to knit more of my stash yarn. I have queued some projects that I would like to make, but others might end up taking priority.
My main goal for 2012 is to learn to crochet. Last April I was inspired to learn how to successfully operate a hook, by Suzapalooza’s Life I Love You Groovyghan. My friend Ang has learned to crochet and at the beginning of December she showed me how to hold the hook and let me work on the bag she was making for a little bit. I started this resolution a little early by sitting down with some YouTube videos on December 27th and starting a set of dishcloths to learn different crochet stitches on.
I crocheted 5 dishcloths and I finished weaving in the ends on Sunday. The bunch isn’t pretty to look at but they have helped me figure out how to hold a hook and work a few different types of stitches. The first was a square 20 chains wide in single crochet. The second a square the same size in double crochet. For the third I made a 5 round granny square using Kelly McClure’s pattern. The fourth I worked on at Ang’s house and she told me how to make a basic flower. The last I worked a 20 chain wide square with 7 rows of half double crochet, two rows of treble crochet, and then another 7 rows of half double crochet. The treble section resulted in unintentionally decreasing a few stitches across, so I think this one looks the worst of the bunch. This set counts as my first 12 in 2012 completed project.